This statement is intended for the customers and/or suppliers of Bredenoord. This statement further elaborates how Bredenoord deals with the personal data that you have provided. ‘Personal data’ tells something or could tell something about a natural person. Data can be identified quite quickly as personal data and in combination with other data, can become personal data. Examples of personal data are: name and address data, e-mail addresses, IP addresses and telephone numbers.
Bredenoord draws your attention to the fact that the personal data, which you have provided, is collected and used because this is necessary for concluding any contract with you and for carrying it out. That applies to our customers and potential customers as well as to parties from whom we purchase items and/or services.
Without this data, it would be impossible to send you an offer, to be able to determine to which specifications or wishes a particular service must comply, to carry out work assignments, to invoice, to pay, and to be able to communicate with you swiftly and efficiently about the implementation aspects of the contract.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide us with personal data, or with insufficient data, then most likely we will not be able to carry out the aforementioned work activities.
Which personal data is stored?
Data that is stored concerns the data that you have provided and data about visits to our channels, including online channels. Examples of this are:
- Purchase and delivery of our products: when you rent or purchase products, we process the personal data that you have provided. For example, name and address data and financial data
- Creating an account: the data that you provide when creating an account, such as your e-mail address and user name
- Requesting products or services via our websites and apps: the data you provide when requesting a product (for example, a catalogue), such as your e-mail address
- Use of websites and apps: the data about the use of websites and apps, such as the pages visited
How is my personal data used?
The data might be used for:
- Processing orders and returns
- Creating a personal account
- Contacting you in case of problems or questions regarding your order
- Informing you about new and/or changed services and/or products
- Marketing purposes, such as sending newsletters and offers
- Generating analyses to improve our services
- Compiling management information for product & service development
- Preventing misuse and improper use of our services
Sharing with third parties
In connection with implementing our agreement, your personal data might be provided to third parties who are involved in carrying out our work activities. In addition, we use external server space for storing our sales & purchase administration (or part thereof) and your personal data is a part of this. For this reason, you personal data is provided to the provider of the server space. We use a newsletter mailing service and therefore your personal data is provided to the provider of this service.
If you have give us your consent, we will use the personal data provided by you to send you personal e-mails in the future in order to keep you informed about our existing and new services and perhaps send you offers. Every time that we send you an e-mail, you have the option of notifying us that you are no longer interested in receiving such e-mails. See the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every mail.
Cookies are small text files that are placed in your computer, tablet of smartphone when you visit our website. These text files store information that can be recognised by the website during your next visit.
Our website uses tracking cookies if you have given us your consent to use them. We do this in order to collect information about your surfing behaviour so that we can send you offers based specifically on this behaviour. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Your data is saved for maximum one year.
In addition, we place functional cookies. We do this to simplify the use of our website.
Retention period of personal data
- If you have not become our customer (or vice-versa), then your personal data will be deleted ultimately 12 months following our last contact.
- If you have become our customer (or vice-versa), then we will save your personal data for a period of seven years following the end of the financial year in which the agreement with you was fully implemented. The period of seven years corresponds with the period that the Dutch Tax Authority obliges us to save our administration files. At the end of this period, your personal data will be deleted.
You have the right:
- to inspect and/or obtain your personal data.
- to change or have another party change your personal data if there are errors in it.
- to delete or have another party delete your personal data or to limit its use.
- to have us transfer your personal data to another party.
You can submit an objection to us for collecting and using your data or you can file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
To exercise your rights, you can turn to:
7325 WT Apeldoorn
P.O. Box 20122
Tel. 055-301 8501
You can also contact us if you have questions or want additional information about the collection and use of your personal data.
This privacy statement took effect on …May 2018. Bredenoord reserves the right to amend this privacy statement. If it concerns a major change, then Bredenoord shall duly inform you of this.